Non-Patent Literature Searches
On average, one out of five search reports issued by the European Patent Office (EPO) contains a non-patent literature (NPL) document citation, mainly from scholarly papers. NPL is essential for ensuring the quality of the prior art searches that helps in understanding the novelty of an invention and may help in invalidating a granted patent. Non-patent literature includes Scientific articles, Conference abstracts, Published disclosures, Technical standards, Videos, Prototypes, Products sold in market etc.
In addition to maximize the likelihood of patent grant or invalidity, Non-Patent Literature Search helps in meeting the following requirements:
- Evaluate the commercial viability
- Identifying existing market products
- Identifying the infringing products against a patent
- Identifying improvement or “design-around” for the invention
- Identifying novel features in an invention
- Improving defensibility of the future patent
- IDS preparation
Boolean IP team has an experience of conducting more than 10,000 non-patent searches . The techno-legal experts at Boolean IP are well equipped with state of the art tools that help them quickly understand the invention and conduct quality searches in most optimized timelines.
Please contact us to get a quote and sample for non-patent literature searches.